Internet being the most used tool of the Quantum Age extending constant evolutionary support towards Digital Marketing has made it the most popular form of marketing. The use of electronic devices and the Internet for marketing content has made its way to the top form of marketing because of the various strategies used to optimize content presentation. The fact that Internet users who go online everyday is increasing with a rapid rate has led to enhancements in Digital Marketing. Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Content Marketing, E-mail Marketing, Pay-Per-Click (PPC), Social Media Marketing, etc. are some of the major strategies that occur that enhance Digital Marketing.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) stands as one of the main pillars of Digital Marketing. A website or content being able to rank higher in the Search Engine Result Pages (SERP), which in turn directs more organic traffic towards the website is termed as SEO. Websites, Blogs, Images are few forms of content that benefit from SEO. In a competitive world like the Quantum Age, everybody who puts up content on the Internet wishes to be ranked higher in the SERP but it depends on various factors like customer’s interest in the content, quality of the content, number of viewers for the content, demand of the content, etc. It is known that Google uses complex mathematical algorithms to understand what content the customer is in need of and ranks the similar kind of content according to that. There are methods that improve the rank of the content in SERP. Some of them include:
- Indexing: Google uses crawlers or bots to crawl across websites to get the user the pages that best fits his/her search. While crawling websites the bots may crawl into other websites which are indexed by the current website. This is referred to as backlinking in general. Google maintains a directory to track the hierarchy of websites it has crawled from the root website. The distance of a website from its root website acts as one of the requirements for it to be ranked high in SERP.
- On-page SEO: As stated by Bill Gates that “Content is King”, it is important for the content in any website to be appropriate and legitimate. Factors like use of non-plagiarized content, limited yet powerful keywords, headings in proper hierarchy, expressive and attractive contents constitute the On-page SEO. As the term says on-page which means what is there in the page is to be managed effectively. Keywords play the major role as they are the words mostly searched in Google and inclusion of them in the website’s content increases the chance of a website to be ranked high in SERP.
- Off-page SEO: Apart from the content that is on the website there are some other attributes which help in SEO. Domain Authority (DA) is one of them. Every website will be having a Domain Authority [DA] based on its popularity and number of users. The ones which have high popularity and usage will automatically have high DA. Being referenced or indexed from a high DA website adds to SEO. Bounce Rate is another factor that affects the rank because of the fast unavailability of the website.
- White Hat & Black Hat SEO: Use of disapproved ways for SEO such as constant spamming, plagiarized content, etc is termed as Black Hat SEO and use of decent and acceptable techniques for SEO such as good content, limited use of keywords, etc. is renowned as White-Hat SEO.
Based on the above principles some of the SEO techniques that can be used in Digital Marketing are:
- Improve User Experience of the website: It is obvious that users do not want to visit a website that takes time for loading the page and looks unsatisfactory with its content. Increasing the page load speed with the well-designed website architecture using the On-page SEO techniques will surely improve the user experience of the website.
- High Amount of Do-follow Backlinks: As bots crawl only the Do-follow links in a website, it is very important to gain legitimate Do-follow links from high DA website by having deals with website owners or offering articles for their sites with extremely good content.
- ➢ Optimize Results for Voice Search: 50% of the searches conducted are in the form of voice. The search string in voice searches are mostly in the natural language form. Efficient Natural Language Processing (NLP) is required for the search to be faster and website designed to handle voice searches as well.
- Focus more on Long-term keywords than on Short-term keywords: Since Long-term keywords are formed by combination of Short-term of keywords, efficient handle of Long-term keywords would automatically take care of the shorter ones.
- Constantly measure SEO performance: Reporting and analysis of SEO performance is very important. It is done by comparing the performance of two websites, measure the Domain Authority and bounce rate, etc. by using tools such as Google’s Data Studio, which gives well-formatted analytics upon submission of URL of the website.
To market a website or content is important to reach right people at the right time. Internet is undoubtedly the right place for marketing, as the number of people are using it. SEO in Marketing is offered as courses as well because of its growing demand. Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Digital Marketing provide students with the technical support and digital knowledge necessary to market goods and services on the internet. Most of the MBA Colleges in Punjab are known for their exceptional additions of courses related to the new trends.